IEC Xstrata Energy Leader Scholarships
As a result of the generous support of Xstrata Coal, every year the International Energy Centre offers scholarships to a small number of excellent candidates who are accepted into the IEC Master of Energy Studies. These scholarships are awarded to applicants who clearly demonstrate potential to become energy leaders for a low carbon world.
Who can apply?
The scholarships are available to eligible applicants to study the IEC Master of Energy Studies program which commences in February 2013 (Semester 1).
Please note that the scholarship is only available to study the IEC Master of Energy Studies. It is not available for the IEC Graduate Diploma/Certificate programs or for any other program offered by The University of Queensland or any other institutions.
To apply for the scholarship, you must also apply for the MES program and meet the program entry requirements:
- An undergraduate degree from an internationally-recognised institution
- Three to five years practical experience in a related field is required
- English language skills as demonstrated by an officially recognised test of English language proficiency: UQ language requirements
Typically, successful scholarship candidates will possess an excellent academic record and several years of relevant professional experience. The IEC selection panel will use the following selection criteria when assessing scholarship applications:
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study
- Professional record: relevant employment experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references
- Commitment to integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to energy studies
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievement
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the energy sector from participating in the MES program
- Program applications open now
- Scholarship applications open now
- 31 August 2012: Applications close for international students
- 31 October 2012: Applications close for domestic students
- February 2013: MES program commences
How to apply
Before you apply, please read the IEC Xstrata Energy Leader Scholarships Terms and Conditions.
Scholarship selection outcomes
Applications for the IEC Xstrata Energy Leader Scholarships are assessed by a selection panel at the International Energy Centre. For those of you who have applied for the scholarship this year, you will be notified of the outcome of your application by date to be confirmed.
The selection panel adheres to IEC's policy of non-discrimination for this process. Decisions of the selection panel are final and confidential. IEC will not enter into correspondence regarding outcomes of the selection process.
Questions regarding scholarships or program content
Read our Questions page for more information on the program.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 7 3129 5236
Questions regarding program admissions
Email: AdmissionsEnquiries@admin.uq.edu.au (domestic students)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (international students)