Entry requirements, important dates and program costs
- An undergraduate degree from an internationally-recognised institution
- Three to five years practical experience in a related field
- English language skills as demonstrated by an officially recognised test of English language proficiency: UQ language requirements
Domestic students (full-time and part-time): 30 December 2012
International students (full-time study only):
Category 1 and 2 countries: 15 November of the year before enrolment
Category 3 and 4 countries: 15 October of the year before enrolment
*Note international students should allow time to organise a student visa, which could take up to six months.
The program commences in Semester 1 (February) every year.
Semester 1: February – June
Semester 2: July – November
*Note there is no mid-year intake.
Fees for 2013
Part-time (2 courses over 6 semesters): AU$ 7,700 per semester
Full-time (4 courses over 3 semesters): AU$ 15,400 per semester
*Note UQ reviews tuition fees each year and these fees are subject to change.
Please note it is the responsibility of students to organise their own flights/ travel arrangements to attend each intensive teaching block (which depending on the course may be held in Brisbane, Newcastle or Perth). Flights and travel to and from the airport are not included in course fees.
Included in fees:
- Accommodation during 5-day intensive blocks
- Cost of field trips during 5-day intensive blocks
- Course materials (learning guides, module readers etc.)
- Networking opportunities with energy industry professionals